Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bird Days, Day 2


Last night I painted a Blackburnian Warbler and James painted a BIRD THAT I WANT! It is tiny and yellow and perched there on a branch all cuddly cute! I think it was an American Yellow Warbler.
Oil is so different from acrylic for me... It'll take a while to get used to. It moves, that's the crazy thing. With acrylic, I just have to hope I put exactly what I want where I want because there's no going back. (Well, I mean, I can always wait for it to dry and gesso over my work. Boring.) With oil I just keep changing the color, even on the board. It evolves.
When we paint, time flies! So much of it is just intangible, right brain stuff. It feels so good!

1 comment:

  1. No bird is actually as small as you imagine the bird you want to be. Sorry. It's a fact of nature.

    ReplyDelete