Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bird Days, Day 3

Last night James did a Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher and I did a Red-breasted Nuthatch. They were so hard!!! I think part of it may have been that Hudson (my brother) came over with some beer and we all talked while James and I painted. On the one hand, it was a real treat because we don't get to see Hudson so much these days. But on the other hand, we weren't able to really shift into the zone. The paintings turned out just fine, but I don't feel the same way toward my nuthatch as I do my warbler from Day 2. Another factor is that we got big heads and chose some pretty challenging angles to conquer. Maybe with more concentration we would have been up for the challenge. Who knows. Let's hope Day 4 treats us a little better.

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice there's no picture for Day 3? There's a good reason for that.




    (The camera battery died.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blue-gray gnat catcher sucked! For one thing it was too damned blue. For another, the perspective on the bird was kind of tough to depict. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete