Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Song of the Day No. 38

Here's somthing a little lighter since yesterday's song was so heavy. A pop tune and one inspired by a fun night out with Lily, Jake, Lucy and Hudson.

"I Adore You"

As long as the sun shines
I hope that you will be mine
As long as the moon lights the sky at night
I hope that you will be mine

I adore you
I adore you
I am living for you
I adore you

As long as the earth turns
I will belong to you
As long as my soul burns
I will belong to you

I adore you, &ct.

Please, please girl
Please be mine
Please, please girl
Until the end of time

"Sake Song"

Sake, sake every night
Sake, sake, it's alright

Let's get together at the sushi bar
The one on the corner is not too far
Let's get together at the sushi bar
It's in walking distance; you won't need a car

With a shot of hot sake and a cigarette
Your cares and your worry you'll soon forget
Finish this pitcher and start on a third
Everything we talk about seems so absurd

A shot of hot sake on an evening in the fall
Is the antidote for staring at the wall
We'll get together at the sushi place
Leave our inhibitions without a trace

1 comment:

  1. I love that Sake Song! It reminds me of good times with good friends!

    ReplyDelete