Friday, November 13, 2009

Song of the Day No. 34

Short songs! Plus another chapter in the continuing adventures of the Starship Pizarro and by request, a song about Pizza!

I.

I love a fragmentary song
It doesn't hafta be too long
Include string sections or gongs
Brevity doesn't make it wrong

II.

When a soul is beautiful
It radiates a light
Bright and colorful
Drawing daytime from the night

When a soul is beautiful
It casts its glow for all to see
In a way in which the physical
Lacks ability


III.

A house is not a home
When you're all alone
A million bucks just ain't enough
When your life is lacking love

IV.

Fictionalize your life
Make it whatever you want it to be
Fictionalize your life
Turn every day into a fantasy

V. "Starship Captain Bolder"

Starship Captain Bolder
Is a woman of great worth
The President once told her
"You are a credit to Planet Earth"
Now she is on a mission
She's an explorer with a vision
The Pizarro's chief authority

Starship Captain Bolder
Is every inch a girl
Lots of guys would like to hold her
Her looks are out of this world!
But she is on a mission
So romantic transmissions
Are very low priority

I would follow her into the sun!
I would follow her into the sun!

Starship Captain Bolder
Is single, I have heard
Space travel's so much colder
Without a friendly word
But she is on a mission
Brushing up on nuclear fission
Sending missives to her sorority

VI. "Joe's Pizza"

I think that I may die
If I don't get this off my chest:
I love a pizza pie,
And Joe's are the very best!
I am such a fan of Joe,
His homemade sauce and dough
That I couldn't care less for all the rest

I've tried Tony's and Baroni's
Pizza City and Venus Pie
Peppino's and Angelino's
Why do they even try?

My favorite pizzeria
Is Joe's, I must confess
By now that should be clear
I won't settle for less
I am such a fan of Joe,
His homemade sauce and dough
That I couldn't care less for all the rest


(Special thanks to Lily for helping with this song!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Pie is another local one. Only we haven't tried it...

    ReplyDelete