Sunday, November 22, 2009

Song of the Day No. 42

Three short songs that I should have posted yesterday:

I.

I don't want to live
In this museum anymore
Dusting off the artifacts
Is such a boring chore

Surely there must be
Something more in store
Than waxing hardwood floors
For me?

II.

Everything is coming unraveled
The world is coming undone
The clouds have started raining gravel
And oceans are made of bubble gum
I'm watching my mind fly away in a hot air balloon
Asking me to come along soon

Everything is coming unbuttoned
Everything is coming unglued
The sky turned red all of a sudden
Now the sun is shining blue
I'm watching my mind fly away in a hot air balloon
Asking me to come along soon

III.

You were bleeding in your stories
Your twisted amphigories
That seemed more like dreams
Than any real reality

Furry animals and plants
Even honey-bees and ants
All seem to talk to you
All seem to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment