Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Song of the Day No. 49

Here is a warning
As you wake from your dreams
It's freezing this morning
My breath is pure steam
Now stupid Ray Carter
Is face down in the stream
And my brain is working harder
Than ever before it seems

What do you do?
What do you do
-When you have a dead body on your hands?
What do you do?
What do you do
-When you realize you just killed a man?

I should do the right thing
And turn myself in
Of jealously I would sing
As they're taking my prints
He had taken my girl
Somewhere she'd never been
Messed up my whole world
An unforgiveable sin

I think that I'll run away
I'll take a bus out of town
Drifting from state to state
The law will not hold me down
They will never catch me
My feet will not touch the ground
I will be so hard to see
I will not make a sound

2 comments:

  1. I like the last few lines a lot. They are silly. I just imagine a guys shrinking behind trees on tiptoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would run so fast I'd take off flying, like in a dream. I KNOW it can be done. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete