Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Oh, it is so good to have internet back! I love it! How have you been?

Here are some things we've been up to...

Making things like this baby dress and knitting a pair of tiny, tiny socks. The socks are not pictured because they are a gift for someone who might just see them on here.


I was obsessed with that nail polish for awhile. Maybe I'll re-apply it tomorrow now that I look at it. My routine was to touch it up every night so that it looked great every day! I liked to paint my nails while watching Mad Men, but I got to the end of Season Three... July, please come soon.

Also, I've been drawing and painting a lot more lately. I really think that artistic skill is like language: Use it or lose it. I hadn't been using it. At all. I've been so caught up with crafting and what-not that my sketchbook was collecting dust and I didn't even have decent paintbrushes! Well, my birthday was last week and James surprised me with a great collection of paintbrushes! Here's a drawing I did yesterday:

And we all went for a picnic in the park the evening of May 20th, my 26th birthday. It was so, so, so much fun! Hudson and Reuben had to work but everyone else was there. Here are some pictures:
Mama and Daddy, Isobel is behind them, she doesn't often allow herself to be photographed, so that's the most you'll see of her.
Cooper and Justus. That is the extent of Justus' ability to smile and doesn't even scratch the surface of Cooper's smilability.
Mama and Emma. Emma was very sweet and helpful, as usual. She made a cookie cake. Uh, YUM!
Me and my little baby. 
James threw the ball pretty much the whole time! The boys had so much fun!
Emma in the underpass at nightfall.

And ever since then, we've been going to the pool almost every day! Even though we haven't really had warm enough weather yet. Bea loves swimming!

Oh, and I made the quilt top for Beatriz's big girl twin bed! She is going to have the bed I was born in, can you believe it? I found it up in my folks' attic. It needs a little work (some bright red paint should do the trick), but it will look lovely! If the light is good tomorrow, I'll take a picture to show you what I've got.

Sleep time for me!
Love,


1 comment: