Sunday, May 30, 2010

Obsession: Pedro Almodovar

He is a Spanish film director, screenwriter and producer. He is ten years older than Mama. If you watch his movies, you can't ignore strong color themes! I love that! His films are melodramatic and use elements of pop culture, irreverent humor, glossy décor and LGBT issues. Identity, family, passion and desire are among Almodovar’s most prevalent themes. He loves working with Penelope Cruz...

 Here he is directing her in Volver. She had to wear a hip pack in that movie to play the part of someone who would have a 14 year old daughter. It's one of my favorite movies.

Talk to Her is a lovely movie, but sad in so many ways. And, um, don't watch it with your mom. Or at least watch it first to prepare yourself.

All About My Mother was my favorite Almodovar movie before I saw Volver. I still love it and watch it when I'm crafting. I always cry at the same parts. 

I love her nose! This is from Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. Do you recognize the gentleman? Antonio Banderas. He had pretty awesome hair back then.


Okay, isn't she just lovely? I think that wig is perfect!

He's made a bunch more movies, but these are just some of my top picks. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment