Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reuben, my brother

Reuben is the oldest of the little kids. Of the seven younger than me, he is the middle. Reuben is 18. He has a serious girlfriend named Annie who lives in Memphis. Reuben recently moved into a vegan/commune situation. His music is his life, as they say... He's is doing the whole band thing and this living situation includes practice and performance space for his band. He's getting pretty skinny.

My hope for Reuben is that he doesn't lose sight of the important things in life. Important things like finishing high school and developing a plan for his future that includes more than whatever-is-fun-right-now. I would like to see him go to college, but I know that college isn't for everyone. I would like to see him happy in the long run and not trapped in a manual labor or minimum wage employment bracket. Reuben will make a wonderful father someday and he has a tender heart.

3 comments:

  1. That's really sweet. Are you going to do Justus,Raleigh and Me? By the way.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Reub can get any skinnier unless his bones shrink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! james's comment ;] this is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete