Saturday, July 3, 2010

Emma, my sister

Emma is the baby of the family. She is 11 years old. Sometimes I think it is strange how different her life is from mine. I had a bunch of people younger than me, following closely what I did and it was the eighties and the nineties. We lived in the country. Emma has a bunch of people older than her telling her how to do everything. She lives in a new century and in a small city. Like her, I loved to draw as a child, loved my dolls and always felt that I was expected to do way too many chores. She is just about to hit that strange place between girlhood and womanhood, but she's not quite there yet. I hope she enjoys these months ahead and I hope I can help her when she goes through the struggles of change. But I know she will transition as gracefully as she has danced through her life so far!

Beatrice calls her "Emboo."

No comments:

Post a Comment