Monday, August 2, 2010

Killing My Husband (with kindness)

I made frappuccinos for us! 
 
I love the ones Starbuck's sells, but they are so expensive. These ones taste so similar it is incredible!!! Yum! 

Would you like to see James experience the splendor?
Warily approaching the straw...  
Cold contact...
A stray coconut shaving lodges in throat...
Near death experience.
Recovery! 
 Here's the recipe:

Combine in blender-
  • a lot of ice
  • a cup or so of coffee (I used decaf)
  • a generous drizzle of caramel or chocolate syrup (I used caramel)
  • some sugar (I used raw to feel good about myself)
  • some cocoa if you'd like
  • Cool Whip if you like the idea ( I couldn't tell that it made any difference)
  • enough milk to make it blend up
Blend until smooth, then add a flourish of Cool Whip sprinkled with cocoa and drizzled with whatever syrup you used. I also threw some coconut shavings in the blender but I don't recommend it. You saw what happened to James...

3 comments:

  1. This could easily be turned vegan by using soy instead of milk and omitting the Cool Whip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, Totally off subject, but I am loving your blond locks!

    ReplyDelete