Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Winter Coat

I made this for my big girl. It was so much fun, but kinda frustrating too. I love these colors together! The blue is from a bag of scraps from Mama, the red is from some pants I wore during my college days, the lining is a dress Beatrice outgrew.

There are three snaps and it's open the rest of the way down. Only the bodice is lined. The sleeves were lined, but I took that out this morning because it was too bulky and, come on- this is South Carolina not Wisconsin. I like that the collar has a bit of puffy frill to it. It seems comfy. This is just slightly big on her now because it will be a few months yet before she wears it.

1 comment:

  1. This will look so cute in cold weather! I imagine it with red tights and matching blue patent leather Mary Jane's. And Bea drooling over a chip. :]

    ReplyDelete