Saturday, February 5, 2011

For Those Days

You know what I mean by Those Days if you have small children. Those Days when nothing goes right and there are lots of meltdowns. When naps don't happen and somehow poop gets everywhere. When it is the longest day of your life and you realize all you have had is coffee and you forgot to get anything out of the freezer for dinner.

Well, for those days I have a list. As soon as the kids go to bed, I pick out a few things from my list because I know they will help me get all straightened out again. This is a very, very important list and I admit that I spend a good bit of time during Those Days thinking about my list. (Like today when my new jeans were suddenly covered in vomit.) These are simple things that I've always enjoyed and totally took for granted before having kids.

have a glass of wine
take a bath
paint nails
curl hair
watch a movie/tv show
cuddle (not with a child)
share a Symphony bar with James
curl up with a book
take a nap (on my stomach because I can now that I'm not pregnant!)
listen to an album and draw/paint/sew
blog or journal
have another glass of wine

Right now, Beatrice is in bed, but Ambrose is up and fussy. S'tch-k because James has gone to get us a movie and some wine. We have a bit of dark chocolate left over from one of Those Days earlier this week. My nails are painted and I'm blogging so things are starting to feel A Lot Better!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted that list so I can take a minute to appreciate those things in my life pre-children! I love your children's names, how beautiful. Congrats on the pregnancy by the way! Can't wait to hear more, I'm a sucker for pregnancy/baby stories :)

    ReplyDelete