Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Story of My Kindle

My insurance company sent me a gift card when I was pregnant with Bea and the note said they would add to it any time I went to a scheduled appointment. I looked it up online and found that it was to be used toward medical expenses.

What medical expenses? That's what the insurance is for.

I never used it and really just forgot about it.

So the other day I was cleaning out an older pocket book and found the card. I decided I'd call and get the 411 before just throwing it away.

The girl on the phone said  it could be used for:

1. Over-the-counter medicine, but only with a prescription

2. My prescription co-pay (which is $3)

3. Public transportation (not really useful in this area)

4. Oh, she said, you can also use it at amazon.com. But you should probably use it as fast as you can because it looks like it was already set to expire at the end of 2010. You must be in some kind of grace period.

That was on Tuesday and my new Kindle got here today!!!


I'm pretty excited about it because I enter giveaways all the time (like a few times a week) and I NEVER WIN ANYTHING! So Woo-Hoo!

(So far I've put a bunch of classics, Scarlet Pimpernel and an ESV Bible on there.)

2 comments:

  1. Way too cool! Congrats.....Jay always says "for free, take all". Thats why I have lots and lots of really dumb things I can't gert rid of. Liz White

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Jake and I are getting a nook to lighten the load of a semester full of books. Not to mention the massive amount of space we will be saving!

    ReplyDelete