Monday, May 9, 2011

Inspiration - Gymspiration

I am so inspired by the crazy teal color that fills our athletic club. There is also a great pink, but I couldn't get it to show up right in pictures. When I say inspired, I mean I've done a number of paintings based on the glory of this color and the geometric lines and shapes I've gotten used to seeing. It's nice to have paintings around the house reminding me to work out. :)




And that's only the ladies locker room. Thankfully, this athletic club retains the original style of the late 70s/early 80s. The machines have been updated (and the entrance/surveillance systems!), but not the colors. I am in love with the pinks and teals and yellows along side woodgrains, metallics and huge mirrors. An added bonus is how nice all the other members are!

2 comments: