Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Starting the day off right...





Thanks God for morning naps!! Especially the ones that are more than just a pipe dream...

Today, I got to work on my painting. I'm not showing it to James until it is done. I think I'll do it this way from now on. As soon as James sees a painting, I start trying to get a reaction from him. Not asking so much as just trying to read him and see if he really hates it and doesn't want to tell me. Then I start looking for flaws in my work-- totally unhealthy and terrible for the creative process! So this time once he sees it, I will have washed my hands of it and it won't matter what I think he thinks.

The funny thing is, I don't think it would matter to him how awful my paintings look as long as I'm painting. He just loves when I paint (or draw, or make anything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment