Friday, November 25, 2011

Inspired By

Miranda July

Life is so ridiculously gorgeous, strange, heartbreaking, horrific, etc., that we are compelled to describe it to ourselves, but we can’t! We cannot do it! And so we make art.

“You can’t totally be taken seriously within each medium when you do multiple things… but it seems like not a bad price to pay for getting to live this life that’s more interesting to me.”

It is inspiring to see a woman in the arts involved in so many areas. She makes films, writes books, creates installations, et cetera. She wears clothes I would wear and I would be made fun of at school but that's what makes it fun. And I like her hair. 
Seriously, if you happen to be unfamiliar with this artists, look her up and sift through her work. I hope you enjoy as much as I do her ability to take trivial, everyday happenings and turn them into poetic, philosophical moments.




1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I love her too. It's best to live life with the motto "What Would Miranda July Do?" in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete