Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Now That I Have Time

I am making a dress! This will be a short, mod, 1960s style dress. The main fabric is a dull lavender, which is not really my thing, but it makes the buttons and accent fabric POP. *happiness*

This is one of a few vintage patterns that Daddy got for me at a yard sale over the summer- is that not awesome? I am doing the middle look, but I ran out of fabric, so the dress will have to be sleeveless. Also, the pattern was missing the back piece, but I made one up based on the thumbnail below.
I want to get some slightly-clunky, 60s style heels and paint them mustard yellow to coordinate with the accent fabric of the collar and welt. Yes, "welt" is what that faux pocket thing is called, apparently. It kinda weirded me out, too.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I love it! I took a dressmaking class this summer and I am so unbelievably proud of the dress I made! Next year I will definitely make more, and I've been after a 60s number with just such a collar...can't wait to see hoe yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete