Thursday, April 12, 2012

3

(It is a swimsuit, but she thinks that it's a ballet costume.) 

Today, this little girl is three! She will have presents and pink cake and a new dress. We will take her out -without Am- for dinner on Friday night because tonight her daddy has to work. Today will just be Beatrice fun. 

My sweet Beatrice Caroline is the smartest, silliest, prettiest girl. She loves reading and playing outside. She wants to be a cupcake when she grows up. Her favorite thing in the world is to see a firetruck or ambulance. She eats tomatoes like they are apples. 

Yesterday evening, she begged to go downtown. So we went. As soon as she was out of the car, she started running. Up the street, a block and a half down Main Street. She knew where she was going. She found the Chocolate Moose, ran in the front door, around the counter and grabbed a cupcake fresh off the rack! She had taken a bite before I could catch up with her! 

I love her free spirit and her determination. I love that she knows what she wants and will go after it. I hope she always keeps and cultivates those traits --which I will try to balance with foresight and tact, of course. 

Beatrice, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwh !!! I love her so much !! Tell her I said happy birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece just turned three, this is such an awesome and fun time! I love her 'ballet' costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds brilliant! And I love her swimming costume (that's what we call them on this side of the pond: a costume, not a suit. Swimming is fun, after all!)

    ReplyDelete