Monday, April 2, 2012

James

Eight years ago today, I got out of work early. There was an art exhibit opening and I just had to go. It was 45 minutes away and there wasn't anyone to go with me, but that didn't matter. I really felt that it was important for me to be there.

Well, I saw some great art. In a studio upstairs, I stood in front of a huge painting -the size of a wall. It was a woman in a green gown, beautiful and mesmerizing. When I turned around, there was this guy.

We walked downtown and he held my hand. The next day we met to walk a nature trail. The next night we went to the top of a mountain and looked at the stars. It was Spring Break. We saw each other every day. When I went back to school, my friends could tell something had changed.

Six months to the day after we met, he gave me a ring. We were married on Valentine's Day.

We played music and lived by the sea. Went through all that stuff that is supposed to build character. Then one day, we decided that it was now or never and doubled our numbers...

Happy anniversary, Babe. I love you all the much that I can!




3 comments:

  1. hooray for precious precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love me a good love story! Congratulations, you lovely little family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete