Sunday, June 24, 2012

Athfest 2012!

I was SOOOO excited a month or so ago when I found out that Elf Power and Five Eight would not only be playing Athfest, but it would be free and they would be back to back! Athfest is a live music festival in downtown Athens, GA. That's like an hour and a half away from us.

My folks watched our kids. Cooper and Ali came with us. Coop is my brother and the two of them are just about to have a baby. I was so happy that they came with us- it was a last minute decision.

We had a great time. I love Elf Power! We stood in the very front. There were a few guys from of Montreal playing with them and they played almost only songs we knew. Five Eight kicked it as usual. So much energy.

After those shows, we slipped into a little sci-fi diner for burgers. They had vegan options for Coop and Ali. I had a seared tuna burger. James had a normal burger. Yums all around.

2 comments:

  1. You just made me so excited for Summerfest in Wisconsin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music festivals. It must be so great to attend a festival in Athens! How lucky!

    ReplyDelete