Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Letter From Hudson


Hey Lily, thanks ever muchly for letter, news and the excitement such notes doth bring and give and whatnot. Beatrice talking?! Wow! Makes me want to see ya an her an e'r'one. Sounds as though y'all are K. New address? Hope it is as pretty as it looks on envelope.
So the vegan has gone viral? I don't eat much meat, but I'd have a hard time of it w/o butter in my daily oatmeal. An' I love sour cream in beans. Meat is a luxury I enjoy when I go to Chris an' Torula's for dins (as I will t'night).
Speaking of C + T, they have been great this year as friends, neighbors and employers. They are receptive to ideas and suggestions in work and play both of which are in no short order.
The fall and winter passed w/ me working at The Irish Pub on Washington street in downtown L and renting with a few other younguns 15 mins outside of town. I got good an' burned out on partying and am grateful to be alive, sober and intentional. Still, as Oscar the Wilde said "moderation in all things, including moderation."
So how's (James)? An your son, Ambrose? Tell me boring things that hardly seem worth writing about your life down there b/c they are jus' routine; I'll be grateful for news.
It was really sweet of you to git in touch, Lily.
Love you,
-H

5 comments:

  1. Does that mean you have his address? I would love it! I'm sure Jake and Lucy would as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. He is back on the mountain. I'll send it to you.

      Delete
  2. I sent him a letter about a week ago! I folded into an origami owl. Good luck unfolding that one, Hudso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Welcome!! Hudson in one of my 5 brothers. He is a wild mountain man. :)

      Delete