Thursday, June 21, 2012

Making Messes

I mean, dresses. Making dresses. This one was so super easy and quick to make that I think I may just have to do a tutorial. I didn't have a pattern, just a measuring tape. It's made out of an old bedsheet. I ordered some jumbo wooden buttons for the closure. Imagine four. I'm not sure if the 70s tie is my style, but it works for now.


There's something a little sexy to me about a dress made from an old bedsheet. I mean, who knows how many people over the decades have done who knows what on it and here I am traipsing around like it's appropriate. 

10 comments:

  1. "who knows how many people over the decades have done who knows what on it and here I am traipsing around like it's appropriate."

    LOL EW! Cute dress though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ali, let me make one for you! Provide a fitted sheet in the fabric of your choice.

      Delete
  3. You did this with no pattern? That's amazing! Props to you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can think of other things to use that tie for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Cutest dress ever! Great post too, love your style lady (and blog for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AMAZING! I have tons of beautiful vintage bedsheets just sitting around... I wish I could just whip them into fantastic dresses like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you send me two fitted bedsheets, full or larger, I will send back one dress. How's that for a deal?

      Delete
  7. Haha, love this dress and your comment just made me love it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Please do a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete