Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Red

Hey, I did it! After a good deal of research and with the help of an expert, I took the plunge. 

Somehow, I feel like it's a better reflection of my charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to have red hair. It is a wild, fiery red. It is more of a ginger, in-your-face redhead red than a mature auburn. My natural high and low lights remain so that it looks more believable. 

We (Lucy and I) used the L'Oreal dye for dark hair. I need to get some color safe products because now I feel like it's going to fade if I look at it...

Any tips for the upkeep?

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! You look like Molly Ringwald. :) I've heard if you wash only with cold water and stay away from chlorine your color will last a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine ever being spartan enough for a cold shower, but I will try. Probably.

      Delete
  2. "Whoever said 'better dead than red' never met this firecracker." To be read in Truman Capote voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best advice I have ever had about fading is just keep dying. Seriously, the longer you keep a acolour, and the more you dye it, the less it will fade over time.

    I have been dying my hair red for the last six-ish years, and, apart from the initial, still washing the colour out fading, My hair doesn't fade at all.

    In fact, when I dye it brown now, the brown fades out to red again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Go redheads! I'm keeping mine forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way don't bother with any shampoos especially designed for red hair - in my experience they are pretty useless. Just stick to nice, gentle, parabin-free shampoos, LOADS of conditioner, and try not to get too much sun or use too much heat when styling.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I love it :-) Wash it in as cold of water as you can stand. It helps, especially with the initial. If your hair is the kind that can survive it, don't wash it daily.

    ReplyDelete