Saturday, June 9, 2012

What I Wore :: Theatrical

James and I went downtown last night to see The Upstate Shakespeare Festival perform Much Ado About Nothing. This is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays! (Duh, we named our daughter Beatrice.) It was so good! The cast was excellent and the weather was perfect. We brought some snacks and wine and had a fine time. Oh, goodness, it kinda makes me want to try out next year...

This outfit is one of 5 that I wore at my recent birthday party. (I didn't actually wear it to the play.) The dress is from Goodwill and the shoes are from my friend Lucy. They are too small: ouch!  I love the baggy, kinda flapper-flat-shapelessness of this dress. The fabric is strange because it is sheer yet a bit rough. 


4 comments:

  1. This dress feels as good as it looks!

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like you would know! (Stay out of my closet!)

      Delete
  2. I never knew you liked that play so much! I was the understudy for Beatrice my freshman year of high school, and it was the first thing I thought of when I met Beabea....so weird!

    ReplyDelete