Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Braids and Brains

I love this kind of braid because it looks like a really goofy bowl cut if you squint. But it is impossible to wear a braid like this and glasses. So now you get to see my face out there exposed and all. 

I've been hiding behind glasses for half my life now. Every time I start thinking of contacts, I lose the nerve. My glasses are an integral part of my identity. I longed for them for years before they were necessary. They just make me look smarter. Or maybe they make me look as smart as I am, not smarter than I am. Or maybe I'm really smarter than I look. 

One time when we were playing monopoly, Hudson accidentally said, "I don't look as dumb as I am." It was an uncharacteristic slip and we never let him forget it. 

7 comments:

  1. I love that hairstyle!! I wish I could figure out how to do that. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I oughta do a tutorial... Maybe with drawings instead of photos!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until my hair grows out enough to wrap braids around my head without giving myself a mini facelift. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooow ---I had to wait forever and ever for my hair to be long enough. Can you imagine the torture of being asked by my long-haired sisters all the time to do braid crowns for them? Every event they attended!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks adorable and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who feels that attached to her frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lοts of herbѕ stimulate the production
    of estrοgеn therefore having an еffect on the size of the сhest.
    There are sіmply too manу risks that are inѵolved
    іn suing these supρlementѕ and it is
    very imрortant to аѵoid these.
    So if уou haѵe always secretly wished that your brеasts were lаrger, іt's just a simple matter of taking the right herbs or supplements to encourage natural breast enlargement.
    Here is my weblog - mariaoberhauser.wix.com

    ReplyDelete