Tuesday, July 17, 2012

House Sitting

We've been staying at my folks' house the past few days. It is a big, old (pre-Civil War era) house with lots of things for toddlers to break. We've only had one casualty so far. My family is at the beach and I'm taking car of the dogs. Really, they just have one dog, but Raleigh's friend dropped off his dog right before we got here. Lovely.

Here is what I've learned about dogs: they produce an excess of dander, they whine at night, they beg for my food, they scratch at doors, they are more obedient than toddlers.

Here's what I've learned about myself: I am allergic to dogs.

5 comments:

  1. I have a big bucket of Claritin you can have some of over the next couple of days. It works for pet allergies and has no sedative side effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I will live through the next two hours.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're so allergic! I have a letter from Hudson for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so silly. I'm sure he did that just because I made certain to spell out my address for him in my last letter. What a dork.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete