Thursday, July 12, 2012

Painting

Today was rainy and gray. I tried to take the little ones outside, but the mosquitoes got us before the rain did. Oh, well. The bright spot was nap time. Both kids slept, which is a little surprising considering what they had for lunch (chocolate ice cream).

While they slept, I painted. These:
And I watched The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. I love the director Peter Greenaway. His movie, The Draghtsman's Contract, is one of my faves and James loves Prospero's Books. I haven't seen all of that one. I like how he uses tableaux vivants and long, slow shots. His movies could all just about as easily be plays.

3 comments:

  1. I love these, so beautiful!
    Peter Greenaway's films are really good, have you also seen A Zed and two Noughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you are incredibly talented! I wish I could paint like that, my gosh.

    ReplyDelete