Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sketchbook Series :: Ink

This summer, one of my main projects is getting together (read: creating) works for my portfolio. At USCU, you have to pass a portfolio review at a certain point before continuing in the program. I haven't been in school taking art classes since like 2003, so do I have any work for this? Nope. I am working from scratch here, folks. I need 12 pieces: drawings, paintings, design work, etc. Basically, I just need to show my skillz.

This is a cross-hatched pen and ink. It is super faded out on my screen. Bad scan? Anyway, in real life it looks more or less killer.

If I don't pass this review on the first go-round I will be so shamed. My friend Beth passed with flying colors her first time and she is three years younger than me.

Oh, the pressure!

3 comments:

  1. Your art is great! Top of the line, like all your endeavors. Your portfolio will be a thing of beauty. Try not to stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josh. I appreciate your encouragement! I'm not really that stressed about it. It's coming along at a nice clip. :)

      Delete
  2. You will pass, probably with higher scores than I. You are amazing. You also flatter me. :)

    ReplyDelete