Thursday, July 26, 2012

What I Wore :: Rockabilly Cowgirl


This is another bedsheet dress. I used a vintage pattern for this one. I made it ages and ages ago, but I didn't get up the nerve to attempt the zipper until last week. You know what? Zippers are not that hard.

You know what is hard? Doing a top knot with shoulder length hair. I had to bend over and do an upside-down french braid in back to keep the bottom layer form coming down. BUT, yay for having another style to wear now and again. If I go more than two or three days with a boring old ponytail bun, I will chop every bit of this off. I declare.

Our internet/home phone connection was down for a good 24 hours. I cannot even begin to describe the sense of isolation that I was forced to endure. Thank God it is over.

8 comments:

  1. You are so darling, I just love it!

    Have you ever hung your head over the side of the bed to do your hair? That's what I used to do when I had longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother used to do my hair that way! I had completely forgotten it. Boy, did it kill!

      Delete
  2. I need to figure out how to do that upside down french braid thing, my hair always falls out in the back too! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've started to loathe bobbie pins. They don't stay put! If I have to use more than two or three, I give up and try another style...

      Delete
  3. I love this dress best of all the ones you've made (that I've seen). Also, I thought your hair was beautiful with your upside-down french braid, and I was totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. This dress came out really well as far as fit. Probably because I used a pattern. lol

      Delete
    2. I like the fit, but mostly, I like the color combo and the design best. Very pretty!

      Delete