Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back in the Swing of It All


Today was the first day back after a long, long Christmas break. Let me tell you, it was a long day.

5:15am
I got up and started the coffee. I did my hair and put on my face, packed my bag and got dressed.

6:00
James and I got the kids up, packed them up, took them to my folks' house to spend the day.

7:00
I dropped James off at work and headed to school making a quick pit stop for more coffee.

8:00
Speech class. We will be giving one real speech this semester, but also learning about twitter and how to record and mix a podcast.

9:25
Printmaking. I think I'm going to love this class. At this point, I just have to trust that ideas will come because right now I am a little overwhelmed and can conjure no imagery. The ideas always come.

12:?? (I can't remember the exact time, but the next class always starts 10 minutes after the previous one ended. Which would be great if they were all in the same building or general region of campus so we could take a Number One break or rehydrate or scarf down an energy bar.)
Environmental Science. I sat in a chair without a desk and took notes frantically in my sketchbook because I am not really in this class. I just hope someone will drop so I can register and I am going and taking notes so as not to fall behind. I should probably just give up and try again next semester because this is crazy, right?

1:40
Graphic Design III –with an Emphasis on Printmaking as it turns out.
At first I couldn't stand Professor Mack, but all that's changed. It seems that he tailors each assignment to my specific needs (if not always wants). That's totally self-obsessive and I know it's not true. It just feels that way. I'm really interested in printmaking, text based work and content. This class is all those and more. So excited. The class goes on for hours. Until 4:20 then at

4:30
I picked up James from work and we got the kids and that was very much that.

Aaaaaannnnd, I'll do it all again on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. James says I oughta just let the science class go. If I do, I will have a nice break mid-day. For lunch, study, relaxation, a drink...

      Delete
  2. It is a really full day. Would getting rid of the science class put you way far behind for graduation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have my first class of the semester in 20 minutes. feeling bored/pissed/over it already. i should probably get some coffee.

    ReplyDelete