Thursday, January 10, 2013

Friends


A 2003 drawing on paper by Lamont E.A. Scanned from the exhibition catalog for Made In Prison: Contemporary Art by Incarcerated Men and Women, Co-curated by Julia Dzwonkoski and Kye Potter, 2003-2004, Herndon Gallery, Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio.

I am having two friends over today. 

During naps, my friend Christi is coming over. No one loves eccentric, inexplicable clothes as much as she and I. Therefore, I shall offer her tea and see if she wants to play with my camera remote.

Then later, Beth will be over. I call this meeting Last Chance Landing. It is our final opportunity to spend a few coveted moments together before we are sucked yet again into the whirlwind of the semester. We are seniors in the same degree program, so we will see each other most days in the coming months. But our head space will be entirely taken up with projects. Which happens to be how we mostly like it. 

1 comment: