Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Light in the Middle of the Tunnel



So right smack dab in the middle of the semester, I will be gone for a week.

:)

I got accepted into the Greenpeace Action Camp! This girl's going to California, baby!

I'm excited and daunted and overwhelmed and excited again. All of my teachers are really supportive and will let me work ahead to make up for what I'll miss. (One teacher even high fived me when I told her today.) James is also supportive and will keep the kids while I'm gone.

The frightening thing is that I have to arrange my travel plans by Monday or my slot will be given to someone else. Yikes! I guess I'll fly out. Maybe sell a guitar or two to buy the tickets. If I had my way, I'd take my time about coming back so as to see a bit of the country. But, oh, well.

5 comments:

  1. Can I just say again, that I am SO incredibly proud of you! I can't wait to hear all about everything you learn! What will I do without you for a whole week? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't think of anybody better to get accepted.
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara! Your support means so much to me!

      Delete
  3. yay! big congrats! i was thinking about you today in relation to this... hoping it would work out. hooray!

    ReplyDelete