Sunday, March 31, 2013

The First Best Day

a tired, messy child
Yesterday was the most beautiful day of 2013 yet here in SC. I spent a good a part of the morning wrapping my stuff for the student art sale. Then we all went out.

We went to Pita House, which for all you non-locals is everybody's favorite middle eastern restaurant and grocery. We stocked up on some essentials then headed to the park. Am made a friend while Bea and I dug a pretty good hole on the soccer field. (By the soccer field!) James went off and got our produce while we played.

When the kids were thoroughly worn out, we came home and put 'em down for naps. Homework, etc.

And then it was time for dinner.

Dinner was a three hour period of cooking, eating, repeating. I fried up some corn tortillas into taco shells while James got everything else ready. I made a shit-ton of sopapillas that were gone before they got to the table!

After dinner, we took our messy, sticky kids into the backyard for a bonfire. Bea and Am played in the treehouse while James cut firewood and I kept the fire going. Oh, summer, get here already!

When the sun went down, we came in for baths, storytime (The Lorax) and bed. For the kids anyway. I still had hours of research for a speech I'm writing on nuclear energy and James practiced songs for an upcoming show. I oughta do that too. :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really great day! I slept...a lot. So, you win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it's not a contest! :) Glad you made it home safe and got some sleep.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a beautiful day! We haven't broke 60 degrees yet. I'm dying for some warmth. Also, I miss the kids...and you guys too

    ReplyDelete