Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hand Lettering

I'm taking a Skillshare class on hand lettering and I'm two lessons in. It's really great stuff and I'm totally inspired. Well, today I got our scanner working so I can show you what I'm doing.

My project is a poster/t-shirt design to raise awareness and create dialogue about the School of the Americas, a combat training school for Latin American soldiers located at Fort Benning, GA. Please read more about this "School of Assassins" here.

This is my design so far. Got a long way to go, but I am happy with my progress. Feedback?



2 comments:

  1. The actual SOA looks amazing! All of the other writing is clear and appears to be a consistent font, which I imagine is tough. I am probably not the person you wanted feedback from as I have no artistic ability. Are they teaching different fonts or, as a beginner, are you kind of stuck within a certain style? Anyway, great effort...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josh! You are just the person that I always want feedback from because you like everything I do. :)

      Delete