Thursday, June 13, 2013

When the Heat Gets Hot :: Yoga



It's hot as hell already. South Carolina is disgusting this time around. I dread the dog days. We just turned our A/C on yesterday. It was in the mid-nineties outside and the upper eighties inside. So now that it is fixed at 79 degrees? Heaven! 

But there are good things about heat. Have you ever done Hot Yoga? I haven't, but it sounds like a really good idea. You do all those slow, deep yoga stretches in a a hot room. (Exactly how hot they have it in there, I do not know.) You burn a lot of calories while taking the fast track through suffering to enlightenment. 

So here's what I'm going to do. Hot Mama Yoga. It will take place in my own big old flat backyard on summer evenings. Not full sun kind of hot, but still hot enough. My friends are invited and welcome to bring their kids to play with mine while we work out. If you don't have kids, you can still be a hot mama! We can take turns leading. 

Yeah? Yeah!

*Men welcome also.

3 comments:

  1. When I did hot yoga it was 100 degrees in there! And they add humidity because I live in a dry state. I imagine South Carolina is pretty humid, so there you go. I love your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reservations about hot yoga in a room (southern oms lowest temp is 97 I think) because yoga gets me all got and sweaty anyway, but I would love back yard yoga! I feel like I know enough now to guide everyone through a slow, basic yoga routine and help anybody out with pose variations.. Maybe our car will be back together soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds absolutely lovely! Be careful though, it's easy to pull muscles during hot yoga as the muscles get so relaxed that they can be pushed past their limit without you realizing it.

    ReplyDelete