Saturday, July 20, 2013

Drawing Lines

I love the first track of James' upcoming album. Draw a Line in the Sand (and watch us wipe it away).

This week, my project has been designing a look for this album that works as an unconventionally packaged CD, translates to standard vinyl size and also could be rearranged as a show poster. I am really inspired by vintage books covers and "vintage inspired" contemporary typefaces. (I found some here!)

The album is an exciting collection of raucous, spirited, sing-along/shout-along protest songs.

Here is the in-progress cover:


The design wraps around so that there are two flaps making up the back cover wherein the disc itself shall rest.


I am kind of excited about these fonts. They are newly designed from the co-op linked above, available for a name your price deal. 


Ok, well, I'll be the first to admit that I have a long way to go. Of course, I am aware that trying to complete a project a week is ambitious. But I'm still on it!

1 comment:

  1. The design looks great. It won't take much for it to be portfolio ready. Besides, it'll be a while (2014) before we record all these songs so there's plenty of time to get it just how you want it.

    ReplyDelete