Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Drink :: Gentle Lemon Saketini


Even though it hasn't been much of a summer –mostly just cool rain– there's still a strong pull in me to drown in sake. Ice cold sake. One year, it was moscato , another gin and tonic. This year, sake! 

To make this drink:

1. fill your glass with ice
2. use that smaller glass to measure 1 glassful each of tonic water and lemonade to pour over ice
3. fill the rest of your glass with sake
4. use a butter knife to stir

There's a poem I found in Lapham's Quarterly all about sake, but I can't find that magazine right now. When I do, I'll share it with you. For now, I recommend you try this simple drink. The lemonade and tonic water make the sake so smooth. Not too tart, not too sweet. Just gentle.





No comments:

Post a Comment