Friday, August 23, 2013

Amby


Amby likes to wear dresses. I'm sure it's just because he's a little brother who looks up to his big sister and wants to be like her. He can wear them around the house all he wants, but when we go out, he has to wear what I pick out. That goes for both kids equally.

Last night we went out for dinner and he wore this dress. It's blue and he had on that polo shirt underneath. It looked really boyish.

When we were getting ready, I got him dressed in his polo and little brown shorts. But he immediately put this on over. He's doing it all the time these days; he loves this dress. Normally I would have made him take it right back off, but this time I let it go.

I thought, we all have things we do that our outside of the norm, but we are so continually redirected that by the time we reach adulthood, we have given up and just conform. I have no doubt that Am will grow out of this phase, whatever, the point is that for this one moment in time, he got to have his own way.

He was so happy and joyful while we were out! So sweet and smiley. The folks at the table next to ours gave us some looks and I caught one of them trying to discreetly get a photo. But I think it was as good for them as it was for Amby!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they were trying to take a picture. I would have been angry. Kids should be allowed to be kids without pushing the concept of "normal" on them. (Well, within reason.)
    Besides, dresses are more comfy than pants any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised you put my ugly mug on there.

    ReplyDelete