Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back to School


I'm going to be honest and just tell you: This semester has gotten off to a rocky start. I have no doubt that I can totally turn it around and make it my best one yet, as I'd hoped it'd be. But right now? Sheesh!

My mother in law is in ICU with complicated pneumonia, so my disabled brother in law is staying with us and has been for a week. James is not better from all that stuff from two weeks ago, but at least he's done with his round of steroids. The heightened stress in the household has a big impact on the kids' behavior as well as their sleep patterns. All this to give you the backdrop to my school year so far!

I am taking only three classes. That may not seem like much, but to me it is a lot. I mean, it is literally the very most I can manage with these preschoolers under foot from 7am until 10pm or so. Maybe if I stuck 'em in daycare it'd be different, but that would also require a higher income bracket.

Anyway, I have a ton of homework, but I've come up with a tight schedule. Let the learning begin!

4 comments:

  1. Go go go! You got this! Um... Is that blazer for sale?

    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so close to being for sale! James wants to keep it, but in all these 3 years, he hasn't actually worn it once...

      Delete
    2. James would look amazing in it. Don't sell it, persuade him to wear it.

      KV

      Delete
  2. P. S. Hang in there with all the health stuff. Praying for all of you. Keep us posted, please! Your extended family has really been through it lately!

    KVR

    ReplyDelete