Monday, August 26, 2013

My Drug of Choice


Piano! I've been playing it every day. Usually, the kids interrupt me. A lot. But I still manage to go through a few pieces, repeat them a few times throughout the day and work out kinks. Few things in life are as satisfying to me as feeling my fingers speed over the keys,  relying only on muscle memory and a sense of fun. I prefer to memorize each tune I learn so that I don't have to fuss with sheet music.

I'm not great or anything. The pieces I play are fairly simple ones (I'm learning this) and I do mess them up a lot. It takes me forever to get a trill nailed down. But I'm in it for the fun.

2 comments:

  1. It makes the atmosphere around the house so much nicer to have music playing. Kind of like how a houseplant cleans the air, you know? The more the kids get used to hearing you play, the more they'll learn to enterain themselves and each other when you practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds so nice!
    I haven't played the piano for more than 10 years but I've been craving to do so in such a long time. I want to have a piano in my house someday, too, and I will learn new pieces and play everyday exactly like you do. Keep it up! :)
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete