Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lucy, An Amazing Gifter


Now that Christmas is a distant memory, this may seem late to mention. But my friend Lucy is a really gifted gifter. Here's what she gave me for Christmas this year, in a sugar skull/pop art bag, on New Year's Eve, over sushi:

A hand-drawn and lettered Dune-themed card that she made.

A message in a bottle necklace in which she hand-lettered an Edna St. Vincent Millay quote.

She customized the wrapping paper with Julian Koster of Neutral Milk Hotel and glitter.

A box containing:
star confetti
mac'n'cheese lipgloss
cake vodka
an out of print Lemony Snicket book

Every single detail of this was thoughtful, personal and special. Gifting is a talent and she's got it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have enough swallows of cake vodka to lure a coupla folks into your house with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like the cake vodka? I'm "allergic"/can't properly process vodka and I always walk down the liquor aisle looking at all the cake, whipped cream, fruit flavored vodkas they've got. I have to live my vodka experiences vicariously!

    ReplyDelete