Monday, September 8, 2014

Like New

This is where my kids sleep now.

There's this Tomie dePaola book my kids love about a little girl whose constant is her quilt. Through all life's changes, new houses, new schools, new friends, she has one thing that always feels like home. I'm glad my kids have quilts because they need them these days.

Last week, I climbed into the attic at Irene and brought down the quilt Gramere made for me. It is was red and white. Now it's all the same kinda faded tan. Anyway, it has a giant hen that takes up almost all of one side. Under the hen is a stitched motto: "Then I will," said the little red hen, "and she did."

During these months of no blogging, our lives have changed a great deal. I separated from James and moved to a different city. New home, new job, new life. New schools for my kids, new yard to play in, new life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you are separated. I was married once before and I know the heartache of separation and divorce, especially when little ones are involved. If you ever need to talk, I'd like to think I'm a good listener.
    *hugs to you and the kiddos*

    ReplyDelete